Farm Style Coleslaw
There is something romantic about a bowl of freshly shredded goods from the garden. Maybe it’s the vibrant colors or the intense garden smell, either way this farm style coleslaw is a palate pleaser in all aspects.
*This post may contain affiliate links. By shopping through these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I love pairing this recipe with a smoked pulled pork. You can make it a day in advance, which makes it a perfect party side dish.
- Farm style coleslaw
- 1 head of cabbage, green or red or both
- 3-4 carrots shredded
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon of raw honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a food processor shred your cabbage and the carrots, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic, green onion, salt, pepper and celery seed. Using a wire whisk, beat until combined. Fold in the green onions, carrots and cabbage. Add any additional salt and pepper to taste. Chill and allow an hour or two for the before serving. Then devour!!
Fell free to use a variety of colors. I like to use both red and green cabbage. Same with the bell peppers and carrots, the more colorful the better.
I LOVE this food processor for quickly shredding my cabbage and carrots. I know there are fancier ones on the market but I’ve been using mine for the past 15 years and it’s still going strong! Best money spent.