Oh summer time I have missed you! BBQs, friends, food, wine and warm sun.. did I mention food? Yes. All good things. One of my favorite summer dishes is salads. Their light and refreshing, exactly what I need after a sun filled day of sweating out in the garden. This crisp bed of spinach with crumbled bleu cheese and Grapefruit Tahini Salad Dressing is the perfect summer salad.
The other day my sister made me this colorful salad with a light dressing, topped with avocados and bleu cheese crumbles. Not only was it beautiful but the flavors married perfectly. She used raw tahini paste as the base. This was a first for me, however, until last year, my sister had been a lifelong vegetarian and I’m pretty sure that qualifies her as a Tahini paste expert and as it turns out…She is!
This salad makes a great lunch or a summer time dinner. Pair it with a glass of cold white wine, some girlfriends and a afternoon filled with crunchy momma talk and you all set for a great time!
Grapefruit Tahini Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1/4 Grapefruit, about 1/4 cup (meat and juice)
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Tahini paste
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients into a glass mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, combine until well emulsified. Drizzle over a fresh bed of spinach or fresh salad greens. Top with bleu cheese crumbles, a few bites of grapefruit and some avocado. Serve immediately.
- Makes approx. 1 cup3.1https://rawsomedairy.com/grapefruit-tahini-salad-dressing/
Don’t skip the bleu cheese crumbles! It completes the dish.
Check out livinlovinfarmin’s favorite paleo/primal posts…