My husband and I have a on-going cookie jar joke. We have a cookie jar but never any cookies. Seeing the cookie jar sit empty and lonely on the counter is a bit of a tease for him. I, myself, would rather grab a handful of nuts then eat a cookie any day. (yes, I’m that awesome mom, don’t judge me, my sister is the same way!) However, my hardworking hubby and our 3 busy kid-lets deserve some sweetness once in a while.
I love this recipe, not only because they are so easy to make, but you could fool just about anyone with these cookies.. No one would guess that these are Paleo. This recipe is seriously delicious!! And with it being Gluten free, Sugar free and easy as pie, I don’t mind having them around. As a matter of fact, I may have already ate a handful of them today. Shh..
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil
- ¾ Cup Raw Honey
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Dry Ingredients
- 1½ Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Ground Ginger
- In a glass bowl heat the coconut oil until just softened being careful to not melt it.
- In stand mixer combine the softened coconut oil, egg, honey and molasses and beat on medium speed for 60 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Using a sifter, sift the dry ingredients into the stand mixer, making a fluffy mound on top of the wet ingredients.
- On low speed combine the wet and the dry ingredients, mixing for 30 seconds.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minute.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and form into small bite size balls. Drop onto a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before moving to a plate.. or mouth.
*If your not a fan of honey, feel free to substitute with 1 cup of sugar. THIS Organic sugar is my family’s favorite substitute.